In A Gadda Da Vida Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» U FUCKS :)
Heroic Raiding on the agenda! EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 1:15 pm by Mikoda

» WoD Plans!
Heroic Raiding on the agenda! EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 3:36 pm by Mikoda

» Patching to 6.0 soon!
Heroic Raiding on the agenda! EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 1:27 pm by tushar

» YOU FUCKIN FUCKS!!!!!! :)
Heroic Raiding on the agenda! EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 11:26 pm by tushar

» I hate all of you
Heroic Raiding on the agenda! EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 1:07 am by Radomize

» Sword Art Online (SPOILERS!!!)
Heroic Raiding on the agenda! EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 10:25 pm by Radomize

» Fellas and Lady Fellas!
Heroic Raiding on the agenda! EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 8:33 pm by Lucienda

» Anime List
Heroic Raiding on the agenda! EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 10:40 pm by Lucienda

» Where the hell is everyone?
Heroic Raiding on the agenda! EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 3:12 am by Dmonty

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

mmo champ
Google
Gamespot
WoW
Diablo 3
Heroic Raiding on the agenda! Type
Heroic Raiding on the agenda! Type

Heroic Raiding on the agenda!

4 posters

Go down

Heroic Raiding on the agenda! Empty Heroic Raiding on the agenda!

Post by Rose Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:30 pm

So, we one shotted almost everything in DS last week, and 2 shotted DW.
This coming week, they are nerfing DS another 5%.

We will be downing everything on Tuesday with nothing left to do on Thursday.

So, we are talking about starting on Heroics.
Proposal:

We spend every Tuesday working on Heroic Modes, from 9-12:30 solid.
Thursday, we switch to normal and burn through to DW since we still need gear off Spine and Madness.
If we work on Heroics both Tuesday and Thursday, we won't be getting DW down every week, and we need to in order to get the gear.

Sunday we are having a meeting to discuss Heroic requirements.
This doesn't just mean hard dps and hp numbers.
The requirements we will be discussing will be:

1. Commitment to be there from 9 to 12:30 solid. We need to be in the raid and eating feasts, flasks and buffing AT 9:00. This means making sure you are logged into the game no later than 8:50 to get invite and get summoned. Please don't start an achievement or quest and make everyone wait until 9:15 to invite and summon you.
Be willing to stay until 12:30. Barring an emergency or family issue, of course.

2. Heroics can be frustrating. If you don't have the temperament, don't sign up for Tuesdays. If you are going to get angry or don't have the tenacity to work on one boss for 3 and a half hours straight, you probably won't enjoy Heroics. Nerd raging in the vent or talking over the raid leaders (Monj, Manty and Fang are the designated leaders) is annoying and confusing for everyone.
Be able to take advice from the raid leaders without getting defensive.
Remember, this doesn't mean random people shouting out advice or commands, this means the raid leaders. We designated them the raid officers and leaders for a reason.
If you are not a raid leader and want to discuss strategy on a particular fight, do it before the raid. We have a Strat Chat channel in the vent for this sort of thing. Don't do it during the actual raid.

3. Willingness to optimize your raiding toon. Do the research, make sure you are glyphed, gemmed, reforged and using the right rotations. If you need help, don't be afraid to ask. There are tons of websites and help sites out there and the Raid Officers are there for a reason. Nobody likes feeling like they are being carried and the rest of the raid doesn't enjoy carrying. Make sure you are pulling your weight. Remember that optimizing doesn't just mean hard numbers. If you are pulling high dps numbers and have good gear, but your raid awareness sucks, then watch some videos, get some add-ons and find out why you are draining the healers. Just because your dps is high doesn't mean standing in crap is okay.
In Heroics, this will wipe the entire group.

A few other small things to think about are making sure you are taking advantage of flasks and feasts. Don't have to be told to use them. In normal modes, this isn't a big deal. In Heroics, you need all the buffs you can get. Drink the flask and eat the feast before we pull the boss.

If you can't make a raid, try and let the raid leaders know ahead of time (like a few days before) so they can replace you for that night/week.
Again, obviously emergencies and family issues are different.
Most of us have each others cell numbers, so if you are stuck in traffic, stuck at work or your wife is in labor, you can text and let someone know you are going to be late or can't make it at all.

Heroics are going to be challenging, but fun. We are pretty much face rolling everything at this point and I think we are ready for more challenge.
But we also shouldn't get so hardcore about it that we don't recognize our limits. We should be able to work on at least 3/8 on heroic at our gear levels and dps numbers. But banging our heads against the wall, trying heroics that we clearly aren't ready for is just a waste of time. We still need gear off the end bosses on normal and want to be able to actually clear the entire dungeon each week.
Raid nights will still be Tuesday and Thursday each week, with Tuesdays being Heroic and Thursday making sure we are getting our full clear.

A couple of other things to remember; we have guild repairs now, so wiping won't be costly to you.

If you are not fully enchanted for your MS, we can use some guild money and/or justice points to buy the components in order to help optimize your toon.

Meeting is at 9pm server on Sunday for all raiders interested in doing the Heroics.

Thanks guys! Very Happy

Rose
Rose
Admin

https://inagaddadavida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Heroic Raiding on the agenda! Empty oh snap lol

Post by Fangcaster Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:26 pm

dindt see this before i posted something on heroics lol soory bout that Rose hahaha
Fangcaster
Fangcaster
Board Whore
Board Whore

Back to top Go down

Heroic Raiding on the agenda! Empty ..derp...

Post by Fangcaster Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:31 pm

well now after i read it my post seems childish and stupid compared to your Rose ;( lolololol im a badie
Fangcaster
Fangcaster
Board Whore
Board Whore

Back to top Go down

Heroic Raiding on the agenda! Empty Re: Heroic Raiding on the agenda!

Post by Radomize Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:44 pm

Well.. On that Note fang. Disregard my comment on your post. xD
Radomize
Radomize
Board Whore
Board Whore

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000776391472

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:46 pm

haha No way...same agenda Fang. I just wasn't sure where to post my announcement.

Laughing
Rose
Rose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dmonty Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:43 pm

Cant Wait for my iLvl 410 Manties.
Dmonty
Dmonty

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:53 pm

Epic manties 4tw!

If I don't get my token pants this week, I'ma cut someone!
Rose
Rose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down