In A Gadda Da Vida Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» U FUCKS :)
In Preparation of MOP & Upcoming Guild Meeting! EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 1:15 pm by Mikoda

» WoD Plans!
In Preparation of MOP & Upcoming Guild Meeting! EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 3:36 pm by Mikoda

» Patching to 6.0 soon!
In Preparation of MOP & Upcoming Guild Meeting! EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 1:27 pm by tushar

» YOU FUCKIN FUCKS!!!!!! :)
In Preparation of MOP & Upcoming Guild Meeting! EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 11:26 pm by tushar

» I hate all of you
In Preparation of MOP & Upcoming Guild Meeting! EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 1:07 am by Radomize

» Sword Art Online (SPOILERS!!!)
In Preparation of MOP & Upcoming Guild Meeting! EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 10:25 pm by Radomize

» Fellas and Lady Fellas!
In Preparation of MOP & Upcoming Guild Meeting! EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 8:33 pm by Lucienda

» Anime List
In Preparation of MOP & Upcoming Guild Meeting! EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 10:40 pm by Lucienda

» Where the hell is everyone?
In Preparation of MOP & Upcoming Guild Meeting! EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 3:12 am by Dmonty

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

mmo champ
Google
Gamespot
WoW
Diablo 3
In Preparation of MOP & Upcoming Guild Meeting! Type
In Preparation of MOP & Upcoming Guild Meeting! Type

In Preparation of MOP & Upcoming Guild Meeting!

+2
Mikoda
Rose
6 posters

Go down

In Preparation of MOP & Upcoming Guild Meeting! Empty In Preparation of MOP & Upcoming Guild Meeting!

Post by Rose Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:19 pm

A few notes:

Major guild meeting will be held Saturday, August 4th at 8pm SERVER time. Please attend whether you want to raid in MOP or not. We will be discussing RAIDING at the end of the meeting, so if you are not interested in raiding, you can leave the meeting after we discuss guild stuff.
We will be discussing anything and everything guild related and MOP related. Ranks, bank usage, M.I.A. members and anything else anyone wishes to bring up.

We will allot 8-9pm for general guild stuff. From 9pm server to 10:30, we will be discussing raiding in MOP, recruiting and balanced raid groups.
As a heads up to everyone, we will be forming 2 groups of raiders. Most likely we will be recruiting to fill in needed spots. All raiders should be on the lookout for raid-worthy members to recruit.
Here is what we will need to organize:
2 strong raid leaders, 1 for each team
4-6 solid healers
Balanced teams (this means people might be moved around)

Keep in mind raiding in MOP will be new to everyone. There will be no "Group 1" and "Group 2"
We will all be noobs and be starting off at the same time.

I already know Monj and Manty will be raid leaders in MOP, but if you feel you would make a good leader and want to lead one of the groups, let Fangcaster know so he can take note.
For the most part, Fang will be the "go to" guy for group formation and organization.

As a reminder, Fang is the Lead Officer and Council, mostly for raiding but for general as well.
Manty is CO-GM, so if I am not on and you have a question or concern, look for Dmonty.

We also have several Officers you can go to if need be.

We will be discussing raid schedules and times at the meeting. I know many people can't raid during the week, so we will be having one team on the weekends (or any combination of weeknights and weekends, whatever works)

One way to recruit, whether we like to PUG or not, is by pugging. Almost every single one of our guildies joined us because we pugged them.
Starting next week, we will go back to raiding old dungeons on Friday nights at 8 pm server. This will be a good way to meet new people and for some of our own members to brush up on raiding. Remember, heroic raiding even the old dungeons is still a challenge. This will be a good way to recruit and experiment with group balancing.
The second week in August (after the meeting) all raiders with BETA please contact Fang and let him know you want to join us in kicking some BETA ass in preparation of MOP.

Officers and above, please let everyone online know to come HERE AND REGISTER. Especially raiders. It's much easier to get info across here than to spend an hour typing to everyone online (especially since not everyone is in vent)

Thanks everyone!

ps. Please try to attend the meeting from 9pm -10:30 pm if you plan to raid in MOP! It's much easier to organize and discuss raid groups, and you are more likely to get the "spot" you want if you attend.
But if for some reason you cannot attend, let Fang know what your wishes are for raiding in MOP, either in game or message him here. Please be specific. Don't just say "I want in your team"
We won't be carrying anyone in MOP. Everyone will be expected to pull their weight and understand that groups must be balanced.
Rose
Rose
Admin

https://inagaddadavida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In Preparation of MOP & Upcoming Guild Meeting! Empty Re: In Preparation of MOP & Upcoming Guild Meeting!

Post by Mikoda Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:36 pm

But PUGging sucks... oh wait, I WAS A PUG!! LMAO!

On a serious note, we have had some really good players come in on our raids, and hence join guild. This is a good thing, but due to the amount of open raids in the early MoP stages, we will need to have, most likely, 3 raid nights per week. the current setup of Tuesday and Thursday is clearly good for everyone, but I dunno about a 3rd day. A lot of people just arent available for wednesday, myself included, and I hold a raid every sunday/monday night that I basically PUG out completely. With our core group doing 6/8, we need to go ahead and start making a second group and start running as a guild. This way we can get our secondaries moving along. And will help us get used to a new night. I am uncertain as to if I will make the meeting, as it is on a saturday, but I will try, but otherwise I will post my thoughts here so yall will know what I would like to address. But as for now, I would like to see a few people log in on Sunday or Monday and raid with me! I have run the PUG 3 times so far and cleared with at least 1/8H on my hunter. The second group doesn't need to be unique, but I think it would be good to have an extra night of fun with the guild since I am not 100% certain I will be around much longer, as work gets tougher and money gets tighter.
Mikoda
Mikoda
Board Whore
Board Whore

Back to top Go down

In Preparation of MOP & Upcoming Guild Meeting! Empty Re: In Preparation of MOP & Upcoming Guild Meeting!

Post by Rose Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:39 pm

Here is what I am thinking:

We keep the Tues/Thurs raid nights for one team.
We have Thurs/Fri for the other team, albeit at an earlier time for people like Tush that work early Friday mornings.

OR a Friday/Saturday raid team.

Either way, we will discuss schedules at the meeting.
What group you get put in will not ONLY depend on what nights you can raid. We need both groups to be balanced in order to make them successful.
The other option is forming a single 25 man raid, but this seems to fail and I don't think Manty and Monj want to lead a 25 man.

We will figure it out at the meeting.
Rose
Rose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Radomize Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:24 am

Well I would only be able to raid on Tues, Thurs no matter what. It just works best with my school schedule all around. Plus, I don't want to completely get rid of social life by raiding on the weekends. Plus my girlfriend would be pissed. xD We will be able to talk about this all in the meeting. Hopefully a lot of non raiders will show up as well. Might want to throw it in the guild message or something so that the people who are not consistently on the forums can at least be told to check it out on our website.
Radomize
Radomize
Board Whore
Board Whore

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000776391472

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikoda Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:26 am

As far as me, so long as I make it well enough, I will be sticking with Ash most likely, and leveling my DK as well. Ash will be DPS/Heals, and the DK will be Tank/DPS, since that's all DK can do, lol. Eventually I will also have my hunter up there too, so I will be open to use it as well.
Mikoda
Mikoda
Board Whore
Board Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Radomize Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:43 pm

I plan on sticking with my Pally heals. I will probably level a monk for heals as well. And I am hoping to have my damn druid there as well. He is so close. xD
Radomize
Radomize
Board Whore
Board Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfreaper Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:38 pm

Sorry Ladies and Gentlemen,

I will not be able to make the guild meeting, for I will be out of town this weekend. I plan to raid MOP, would like to stay with the Tue., Thurs., group, but I am flexible for the most part. As you all know, I can only raid so late on the weeknights due to work and Fri./Sat. are hit & miss for me depending on what I'm doing with the family.

I would agree on balanced groups, especially when it comes to classes. I know yall hear me complain about gear and 90% of the time idc and I'm joking around with my dry humor, lol, but 10% of the time I really am fustrated. Having to roll against 5/6 ppl for the same token, that seems to drop the least out of all the class tokens really sucks. If the groups are not balanced better, we need to spread the love when it comes to class tokens, such as everyone gets one token each until all those in that group have one and so on. Of course there will be exceptions, but for the most part seems fair, I would think.

I know gear is a sensitive subject to most people, but in order to keep the group balanced and everyone being able to keep up and do their part, they need to have the gear and if one or two people out of a 5/6 same class group keep winning all the gear, other will fall behind and progression is slowed.

On a lighter note, I think we have an awesome guild and awesome raiders, I really enjoy my time spent playing and raiding with all of you, look forward to lvling and raiding in MOP with everyone. So until then, see you in HDS,

Take care, enjoy life, and God Bless,
Elf

Elfreaper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:12 pm

I agree Elf.

The best way to progress and get everyone geared is to make sure the groups are well balanced.
I would like to see two solid, balanced groups (even if we have to recruit for it) when MOP hits.
One group will continue with the same schedule we have now (keep in mind the daylight savings- this means we will go back to raiding at 9pm server, rather than 10 pm server, when daylight savings hits early this fall)
The second group will discuss which raid nights are best for them.

Thanks for letting us know what your thoughts are Elf.

And Fang, I hope you're prepared for this meeting. lol. It's going to be alot of work for you, as the main officer, as well as me, monj and manty.
We're going to have our work cut out for us these next few weeks.
Rose
Rose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangcaster Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:47 pm

Damn it!! the rest of our raiders need to be more trustworthy so i can have help in my position that only i hold LOL Smile but i differ from most when it comes to "class" balance. i look at over all numbers. like raid dps shouldnt be per person (even tho we talk about it and i win) i still look at over all first and i keep track of raid dps as a whole. then i find who was slacking. so imo it wont matter about gear per person. but in light of MoP we will still need a plan. and that plan will always be Healers, tanks, and dps . unless T1 in MoP is more of a dps race. but i will talk more during meeting Smile im looking towards making people angry and not understanding my points untill they have a few to stew on them and find out i was right Smile-
Fangcaster
Fangcaster
Board Whore
Board Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:02 pm

lol

wuv...true wuv.
Rose
Rose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:02 pm

I just realized our website turned a year old almost a month ago.

YAY website!
Rose
Rose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucienda Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:18 pm

Go Website Very Happy its been that long wow how the time flies!
Lucienda
Lucienda

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikoda Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:20 pm

Wow, nice. My old guild website from vanilla has been shut down for 5 years as of tomorrow, lol.
Mikoda
Mikoda
Board Whore
Board Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Radomize Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:23 pm

Heyyyy! So I completely forgot that today is my dads birthday and I have to go his dinner at 5 PST. >.< I am going to try to rush to make what I can of the meeting. I am going to at least try to make the raider part of the meeting. If I don't would someone please make some notes and throw them up here? Just so I know what is said. I am so sorry. >.<
Radomize
Radomize
Board Whore
Board Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikoda Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:31 pm

I will be recording the meeting. so if you miss anything I will post it here for you, and the rest of the guild.
Mikoda
Mikoda
Board Whore
Board Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Radomize Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:35 pm

Oh thank you. I am going to try to make as much as I can. Just gotta make it through this dinner
Radomize
Radomize
Board Whore
Board Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfreaper Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:57 pm

Could someone post the meeting notes please,

Thank you,
Elf

Elfreaper

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangcaster Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:04 pm

recruiting, second 10 man raid team, might need to fill holes from team 1 for team two. if it works out great maybe 25 man. looking more at class balance for our raids i.e. no 7 people rolling on same token or 7 spell casters rolling on same trinket . end meeting. we said alot more but imo nothing was set in stone and we started going in circles faster than normal due to the fact only 8 people out of 140+ in our guild showed up ......
Fangcaster
Fangcaster
Board Whore
Board Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikoda Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:26 pm

Circles? bah, more like obtuse three dimension dodecahedrons
Mikoda
Mikoda
Board Whore
Board Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Radomize Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:14 pm

I tried my hardest to make it. >.< Took forever to get a ride to where I could log on. :/ So what exactly are we looking at for the 2nd raid team here? I set up a recruiting thing but I did it based off the knowledge of what I already had. I am going to start spamming one to recruit what we need just as soon as I can get one put together. Didn't you record the meeting Ass?
Radomize
Radomize
Board Whore
Board Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:49 pm

Honestly there wasn't much to record. Only a handful showed up.

You and Elf let us know Rado but nobody else really said anything and just didn't show.

The short of it is...each team will be built under 2 healers and 2 tanks as a starting point, then each team will be given a hybrid healer and then the dps will be split up fairly and in a way that makes each team balanced.
This will mean some of our "core team" as it stands might be split up a bit. But it's all the same as most of the people will be people everyone has already raided with anyway.
Lycosa has offered to lead the other raid team, so we have another raid leader now.

It is likely we will have to recruit a few people to fill in some spots.

That is plan A. Plan B was to simply pick the best of the best and build one 10 man team. Plan C was to build a 25 man.
We are going to try our best to make plan A work!
Rose
Rose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Radomize Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:30 pm

Hells yeah. I think building the two teams seems like the best options. I would hate to have to leave some of the raid members out if we had to go plan B. My problem with plan C is my computer can't run a 25 without freaking out. xD Well we should really start to focus on getting teams divided up for the 2nd teams than. Am I still going to be healing with you does it look like? Cause i hate to have to try. Wink
Radomize
Radomize
Board Whore
Board Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikoda Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:10 pm

I did record it, but the file is too big to upload free anywhere Sad Damn my ultra high quality audio drivers...
Mikoda
Mikoda
Board Whore
Board Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:53 pm

Recruiting starting tomorrow, Wednesday the 15th at 8pm server!!! All raiders and officers should try to help if you can!! We will be making a list of what we are looking for, so those who want to help with this will know what to look for.
Rose
Rose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down