In A Gadda Da Vida Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» U FUCKS :)
Need a genie pig for school project EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 1:15 pm by Mikoda

» WoD Plans!
Need a genie pig for school project EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 3:36 pm by Mikoda

» Patching to 6.0 soon!
Need a genie pig for school project EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 1:27 pm by tushar

» YOU FUCKIN FUCKS!!!!!! :)
Need a genie pig for school project EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 11:26 pm by tushar

» I hate all of you
Need a genie pig for school project EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 1:07 am by Radomize

» Sword Art Online (SPOILERS!!!)
Need a genie pig for school project EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 10:25 pm by Radomize

» Fellas and Lady Fellas!
Need a genie pig for school project EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 8:33 pm by Lucienda

» Anime List
Need a genie pig for school project EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 10:40 pm by Lucienda

» Where the hell is everyone?
Need a genie pig for school project EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 3:12 am by Dmonty

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

mmo champ
Google
Gamespot
WoW
Diablo 3
Need a genie pig for school project Type
Need a genie pig for school project Type

Need a genie pig for school project

4 posters

Go down

Need a genie pig for school project Empty Need a genie pig for school project

Post by Lucienda Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:35 am

Yep its midterm time for me and I am looking for someone to answer a few questions for my midterm project/paper. The topic is science. So, I will post them here and you all can have some fun with this. Just a fyi the due date for this project is October 8 so if someone could have them completed before then that would be awesome!

So here they are:
What is the definition of science to you?
Is the purpose of science to discover truth?
How much respect should science receive in a culture do you think that we put too much emphases on the sciences as a society?
Do you believe that science is useful?
Do you believe that science is based entirely on fact or a second science? If on a second science how do you know that science won’t change tomorrow?
How do you know what your concluding is true?
Do you believe that nature can change overnight?
Do you believe that there is an overlap between science and other disciplines?
Do you believe that science should be part of math and other disciplines? Why?
Where do you draw the line between science and other disciplines?
Is it acceptable for science to take theological clams into account when doing science? How much do you think science should be involved with theology?
Does science have a limit to what is can discover?
Do you believe that we use theology just to fill in what we do not understand? How can we prevent this from happening?
How important is the issue of Theology and Science to you?
Do you believe that God should be a part of science?
Do you believe in Creationism or Darwinism or both? Explain why?

P.S. The more wordy your answer the better for fluffing the three page paper. Thanks all! I love you 
Lucienda
Lucienda

Back to top Go down

Need a genie pig for school project Empty Re: Need a genie pig for school project

Post by Fangcaster Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:09 pm

WHY LUCY???!!!!WHY!!! LOL.. why do you set me up like this Smile I really like these questions Smile Im going to copy it by the way Smile let me see if i can answer a few of these for you Smile
Fangcaster
Fangcaster
Board Whore
Board Whore

Back to top Go down

Need a genie pig for school project Empty My Best try for Lucy <3

Post by Fangcaster Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:44 pm

Disclaimer: You know i have very bad spelling and my punctuation is something I made myself Smile

1) What is the definition of science to you?
A) Science to me is Observation of life it self and the natural world we live in. Basically it's man kinds attempt to understand what the F is going on around them Smile
2) Is the purpose of science to discover truth?
A) No.... Not even close. I'm not even happy this is a question -.-
3)How much respect should science receive in a culture do you think that we put too much emphases on the sciences as a society?
A) Science in any culture should be known and understood by all who wish to learn and know whats going on. without science we wouldn't have anything. really stand up and look around you... everything you see is cuz of science. The human race and our planet are better because of it and will reach for the stars and reach them because of it. and as for part two of the question,NO! not even close and it makes me sad Sad
4) Do you believe that science is useful?
A) This is a trick question, in no way shape or form can anyone say science isn't useful..But yes BY THE LIGHT OF OUR SUN..YES! it is useful Smile
5) Do you believe that science is based entirely on fact or a second science? If on a second science how do you know that science won’t change tomorrow?
A) Yes! science is based on facts, if at any time it isn't then it ceases to be called science. And as far as "Second Science" I'm offended by that term -.- but science is ever changing and learning. We find new things out about or universe every day and it makes me excited to be alive Smile
6) How do you know what your concluding is true?
A) You as person can never conclude what is true or not when dealing with science. all you can do is test your hypothesis and gather evidence to come to a theory. science will never say something is 100% it will always be 99.999% we will never be conceited or selfish enough to say those things.
7) Do you believe that nature can change overnight?
A) I don't think so, we have laws of nature that are solid and have always been here from the beginning of the creation of our universe. Now we can break and manipulate those laws but i don't think one day we will wake up and gravity is gone LOL Wink
8)Do you believe that there is an overlap between science and other disciplines?
A) This question seems to say that science is a idea or belief. That is not true. The very words definition will tell you the answer to this question -.-
9) Do you believe that science should be part of math and other disciplines? Why?
A) Again with the word " Disciplines" LOL.... Math is a part of "Science" and at one point math was result of science. It really is the chicken and the egg here :)I personally will just except we have both and it elevates our world to heights like no other Smile
10) Where do you draw the line between science and other disciplines?
A) WOW!! whoever wrote these questions have never seen a science book have they? Do they think cell phones and computers poofed out of the cosmos ? or maybe they believe someone was born with the know how to build a rocket and robot that can go to other planets ? I would like to meet this cave man :)lol
11) Is it acceptable for science to take theological clams into account when doing science? How much do you think science should be involved with theology?
A) I don't think so. Science has to test with facts, and theology is a study of faith and experience. We could record and study an experience and use that in the conclusion of a theory. But we can't yet see or confirm "Faith" as a physical molecule.
12) Does science have a limit to what is can discover?
A) No, in time we will discover everything in our natural world. look at the advances we have made in the last 70 years, can you imagine what we will know in 1000 years??? It's so exciting that if i start thinking about it i will go on and on forever LOL :)the possibilities are endless!!! anything that can be thought of and imagined can be done through science and time Smile
13) Do you believe that we use theology just to fill in what we do not understand? How can we prevent this from happening?
A) No, not really. I personally think that the study of theology is just another ancient form of a tribal thinking that will eventually leave us with time. Like we don't sacrifice virgins any more because we know the sun will come up all by it self Smile
14) How important is the issue of Theology and Science to you?
A) It's only important because it is an ISSUE. there should be no issue with the two. this whole clashing of ideas is so FN stupid. we will get no where as a planet if we keep fighting!!! a good debate is always welcome. BUT only if it betters us and makes us learn something about other people and the way they think about the world around them. forcing anyone to do or think any way should be a crime. sometimes I think science and theology should look up the word FREEDOM and reflect on that wonderful word before they say stupid shit Smile
15) Do you believe that God should be a part of science?
A) Well I don't believe in a God or Gods, but the understanding of why soo many people believe in such things should be a part of science. we could find out that we were made by something or someone. and giving that said... Who made the something or someone?? that in my mind is where it gets exciting :)who would be Gods God??
16) Do  you believe in Creationism or Darwinism or both? Explain why?
A) For me Darwin's theory is legit and has an over whelming amount of evidence to back it up where as Creationism is a lot of old stories we can't confirm. I mean we can't confirm anything what so ever lol. there isn't even proof that the Jesus we know from the bible existed, and he is a big portion of the theory Smile
Fangcaster
Fangcaster
Board Whore
Board Whore

Back to top Go down

Need a genie pig for school project Empty Re: Need a genie pig for school project

Post by Mikoda Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:39 am

Q.)What is the definition of science to you?
A.)Science is the study of things using only knowledge and thought as a basis of theory.
Q.)Is the purpose of science to discover truth?
A.)Not so much to discover the truth, but to prove or disprove more precisely.
Q.)How much respect should science receive in a culture do you think that we put too much emphases on the sciences as a society?
A.)I think that science is a requirement, without it we cannot have the nice things we do, nor would we have the potential of the things to come.
Q.)Do you believe that science is useful?
A.)Very much.
Q.)Do you believe that science is based entirely on fact or a second science? If on a second science how do you know that science won’t change tomorrow?
A.)Science changes daily, you can prove an object round, but after it has been crushed or flattened by some force it is no longer, therefor science and the facts of it are able to change indefinitely.
Q.)How do you know what your concluding is true?
A.)What one person concludes is only biased opinion, and opinions cannot simply BE true.
Q.)Do you believe that nature can change overnight?
A.)Nature DOES change overnight.
Q.)Do you believe that there is an overlap between science and other disciplines?
A.)Science is based on many other disciplines, as are other disciplines based on science. Everything we know and do is a mesh of overlaps. In theory....
Q.)Do you believe that science should be part of math and other disciplines? Why?
A.)Science is less a part of math, but math is the basis for science. Science should always be included due to the fact that science is all about thought and theory, as well as making a point.
Q.)Where do you draw the line between science and other disciplines?
A.)No line can be drawn, science is a part of things we cannot avoid, so why confine it.
Q.)Is it acceptable for science to take theological clams into account when doing science? A.)The earth and sun are part of space, astronomy is a science, and if God created them, theology has already included science, why not share?
Q.)How much do you think science should be involved with theology?
A.)That is a rounded question, some theologies are based on science alone, where others barely include it at all, so theology should determine the use of sceince on its own based on beliefs.
Q.)Does science have a limit to what is can discover?
A.)Everything has limits. Though not all limites are truly finite, so they in theory are infinite and finite all at the same time, therefor there are limits in some fields, but not all.
Q.)Do you believe that we use theology just to fill in what we do not understand? How can we prevent this from happening?
A.)The idea of theology and religion in general is to educate based on records that may or may not have been real. We cannot disprove nor prove everything, so people of faith need something concrete to base faith on, even if it is fabricated and not pure.
Q.)How important is the issue of Theology and Science to you?
A.)I could care less. Science is its own thing, and anything theologic is on it's own, I can't personally say there is even an issue, as it doesnt effect me at all.
Q.)Do you believe that God should be a part of science?
A.)God is a term for religion, not for theory, there cannot be a scientific God, due to God being a part of theology alone. In theory God may exist, but in theory God does not. This is the way of science, that which we cannot see, does not exist, therefor science cannot ever claim a God, unless we find some wormhole into Heaven or Hell.
Q.)Do you believe in Creationism or Darwinism or both? Explain why?
A.)Darwanism is interesting, but the "facts" it uses are not applicable because as any species evolves, it does not digress. It may halt completely, but if we evolved from another species, and that other species still exists, then there would be some part of the middle species still around. Creationism is much more realistic, even if it is also impossible to prove.
Mikoda
Mikoda
Board Whore
Board Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangcaster Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:26 am

Now I'm wondering If Ass and I can have a convo or "debate" about this with out getting all passionate and mad LOL . witch would be a leap for me because I know Ass is very smart person maybe not "book smart" but smart smart, witch makes me wonder how he could have the answers that I want to talk about.. But I do like the "finding God" thing Smile Let me make myself clear Just because i don't believe in such things doesn't mean it's not real. How fucking cool would it be to find a God?? IDC if it's the christian god or the Norse Gods.. although finding out Oden is up there throwing lighting is pretty fn cool LOL Smile I really like how every person will have a diff reason for their answer to question 1. so any way back to my question. Do you think we can have a discussion on here about these topics without getting angry ? or calling out names? I hope so man Smile let me know so we can keep this thread going dooood Smile
Fangcaster
Fangcaster
Board Whore
Board Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikoda Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:16 pm

Fang I am a christian by faith. But I am not a religious freak. I stick to my beliefs, but I LOVE conversation and debate. Problem is I know so many different views on so many different things, I can promise I have already heard anything you have to say Razz

Mikoda
Mikoda
Board Whore
Board Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucienda Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:35 pm

Kips awnsers to these questions: (Note I am paraphrazing here and spelling is horrable as he was dictating to me)

What is the definition of science to you?
Science to me is the quest to discover more about life and the universe and the unknown. Something as simple as why water disipear on pavement or why we live.
Is the purpose of science to discover truth? (Conclusion p.139-140)
As far as humans are conserend yes though I don’t think it can fully understand religious beliefs.
How much respect should science receive in a culture do you think that we put too much emphases on the sciences as a society?
I think it depends on what science as a piticular. I think some science holds less importance. For example is there life on marz that is a waiste. Science of medicine, Hydrogin powered cars, and less empisis on wether we came from munkeys or not.
Do you believe that science is useful?
Yes it is useful it helps us explane what is around us., science sometimes goes beyond usefulness. Like trying to get man to mars. There is no direct outstanding feet. Going outside local orbit was a wast of time and money.
The Law of Casualty (106) Intuitivism
Do you believe that science is based entirely on fact or a second science? If on a second science how do you know that science won’t change tomorrow?
I think that science starts off as a gut feeling that is your hypothesis to get to truth and fact. If you had no gut feeling you don’t know whether or not it is right. A kid doesn’t know if something is hot when there little then he touches the stove then science has met its bounds. You need facts to be able to be able to give science its boundary’s.
How do you know what your concluding is true?
That is where science4 can never be entirely accurate the only way it can be true is that you do the same experiment and it is always true. For example gravity. Until you can get the same results then it is truth but when the anomaly occurs we need to prove the false results.
Do you believe that nature can change overnight? (Gravity)
I think that with science you sometimes have to separate you science with your religious doctuine. Science will never believe that in 7 days the world was made. You have to separate the two looking from a religious spectrum yes you can but from a science perspective no.
Science and other disciplines
Do you believe that there is an overlap between science and other disciplines?
Math and science go hand in hand for ex math and science go hand in hand. For energy MC2 is the potential energy an object has. And a phisisit conencides with math or in chemistry you need math to balance chemical equasions. So most definantly math and science go together.
Where do you draw the line between science and other disciplines?
I think that science is useful in other subjects while the other subjects should be used as a tool for example using science as a tool in math you still need that subject to be focused on science. The primary subject should not be overshadowed by the ladder.
Science and Theology
Is it acceptable for science to take theological clams into account when doing science? How much do you think science should be involved with theology?
I think that hum sometime you do have to separate the two because mass conflect of intrist nad the rute form of the quest fo rfacts it can create a scued resaltes. Science and religion can work togeather like medicine. Its not a good idea to activily disprove religion but most tests have been able to be able to tell that religion is true. There needs to be a gap in the middle where you can explane on the two. If two partys (muslims and chrisitans) are able to sit down and explane the fact of the two then the two can coneside but if they don’t then they cant work togeather.
Does science have a limit to what is can discover?
In theory sometimes you have to put your religious beliefs on the side suppose that there is no religious belief religion woruld be there to fill in the gaps why are we here how did we create religion. Science is almost a religion for some it is the persute to be able to explain the unexplainable like what is on the universe. At this point of time yes there is a limit. Perhaps in 10,000 years there will be an awncer to the afterlife or something else.
Do you believe that we use theology just to fill in what we do not understand? How can we prevent this from happening?
In essence it is but at the sme time I have had numiorous unexplainable conditions. I hade an ex girlfried who was a lucimia pacient but it was real hard on eather of us a year or two later then I was able to give one of my friends a testimony on what happened with me the feasalbe that that would happen the probiblity is low. For the highter power he is not going to work in the way science can prove or disprove.
How important is the issue of Theology and Science to you?
Its realy hard for them to overlap at the same time my personal quest to be closer to god it will allow me to be closer. Science expands my knowledge. If im studing science I do not like to think of my religious beliefs wihle doing with science vice versa. Im able to be more clam about science and be more calm about it in doing this we can learn from eachother without butting heads.
Do you believe in Creationism or Darwinism or both? Explain why?
Actualy it would have to be the lines of both. I don’t believe that we came from a single cell organism. In the halls of school we have adapted to our natural surroundings. For example blacks have enlargend nostrals because of there warm climet. I don’t think that we came from monkeys. But I believe that god said we create life and animals. The different breeds of dogs came from having to adapt from there enviorment. But at the same time its not like we all came from fish.
Lucienda
Lucienda

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucienda Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:54 pm

Thanks to both of you for this it’s interesting to see the different viewpoints when it comes to the Philosophy of Science.

Thanks for insulting my intelligence fang! I really do appreciate it as I am the “caveman” who wrote these questions. The questions had to be stupid as you point out due to not being able to use philosophical terms such as Methodological Naturalism, Disciplinary Boundaries, ect. Though at a glance philosophy questions can seem dumb they are important to understanding this world. “Is the purpose of science to discover truth?” Truth in this question could mean Darwinist “truth”, theistic “truth” or any other “truth”. Truth here is a rounded term.

Ash you hit the nail on the coffin with “How much do you think science should be involved with theology?” It is meant to be a rounded question that theistic science has to understand. If we attempt to discover more about religious beliefs then our belief could be called into question. So the question is how do we show that Christianity is correct?
Lucienda
Lucienda

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangcaster Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:49 am

Lucy if i had known it was you that had made the questions I wouldn't have been so un-thoughtful l Sad I am very sorry. I really thought it was from a philosophy teacher. When I was in school My Philosophy teacher was Ben Mutschler at O.S.U.. In 2000 is when the class changed to Philosophy-Religious study. And let me tell you, Him and I had our issues LOL.. I would never question or insult your intelligence Lucy. I really can't say I'm sorry enough Sad The fact that you can think of questions like these should let anyone know you know what is going on today at the center.. i almost want to re-due my answers now I know they came from your mind and not some Teacher's agenda Sad
Fangcaster
Fangcaster
Board Whore
Board Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangcaster Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:50 am

And I don't have time now but I am looking forward to reading your own answers to the questions Lucy Smile
Fangcaster
Fangcaster
Board Whore
Board Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:26 pm

You guys all need to read "The History of God"
Many of the same leading questions about science are embedded in that book.

Written by a pastor, marinated in scientific sauce...

People created God/Gods. Not the other way around.
This doesn't mean religious people are stupid and that their beliefs should be ridiculed. People have been creating Gods since the beginning of time in order to answer all the questions that we don't have answers to. It's difficult for some people to just say "I don't know"
That's the definition of an agnostic. Religious people and atheists alike hate agnostics - they want you to "pick a side"
But it is arrogant to think you know either way. Agnostics are just people who are admitting they don't know shit lol
Rose
Rose
Admin

https://inagaddadavida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangcaster Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:32 am

Only if you read "The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins" Rose Smile
Fangcaster
Fangcaster
Board Whore
Board Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down