In A Gadda Da Vida Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» U FUCKS :)
Healing and Meters... EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 1:15 pm by Mikoda

» WoD Plans!
Healing and Meters... EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 3:36 pm by Mikoda

» Patching to 6.0 soon!
Healing and Meters... EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 1:27 pm by tushar

» YOU FUCKIN FUCKS!!!!!! :)
Healing and Meters... EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 11:26 pm by tushar

» I hate all of you
Healing and Meters... EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 1:07 am by Radomize

» Sword Art Online (SPOILERS!!!)
Healing and Meters... EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 10:25 pm by Radomize

» Fellas and Lady Fellas!
Healing and Meters... EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 8:33 pm by Lucienda

» Anime List
Healing and Meters... EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 10:40 pm by Lucienda

» Where the hell is everyone?
Healing and Meters... EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 3:12 am by Dmonty

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

mmo champ
Google
Gamespot
WoW
Diablo 3
Healing and Meters... Type
Healing and Meters... Type

Healing and Meters...

4 posters

Go down

Healing and Meters... Empty Healing and Meters...

Post by Rose Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:28 pm

I took some time this morning to do some reading on healing and meters, mainly because I was used to healing with Rado and being at the top of the charts lol

I am realizing I can't play my class like I did while 2 healing with Rado. And that is what I have been trying to do.
With a druid (Lucy) and a good Pally (Mike) as my healing partners (and the fact that we are 3 healing in normals) I am going to stay at the bottom of the meters (assuming Lucy and Mike keep being awesome healers Wink)
However, I am going to try something new tonight in raid and see what happens. This is going to put my raw "heals" even lower than they have been, so Lucy...no bitching about being a "better" healer lol

The top Disc priests are either A. Atonement all the way or B. Rarely using raw heals. Rather...they are using spirit shell, shields and sneaking in a few smites to get the Atonement buff (you can do this whether you are in Atonement "spec" or not)

Healing with my awesome Rado...I was used to raw healing as well as mitigating damage, but with 2 other healers (and especially a druid healer) I need to be focusing on mitigation, not trying to top the meters.

The reason I am putting this post here is because I am aware that my being at the bottom of the meters has already been bitched about, and my new plan for mitigating is going to drop my raw heals even more. Meters combine (most do anyway) absorbs with heals so we can see if going mitigation is helping us through the fights.
If we are doing it right...a druid or a shaman should always be "outhealing" a Disc Priest.

Anyway...if we aren't seeing this is an improvement after a couple of weeks trying it out...I will go back to doing more raw healing.

We have an entirely new dynamic this patch. Lucy is an awesome group healer, Mike is an epic tank healer and Fang barely needs healed. My old style of playing isn't working, at least while we are 3 healing.

Also, I'm thinking about going back to Holy for stacking fights (there's so much stacking this patch) and Atonement for non-stacking. We don't really need 2 "tank" healers.
What do you guys think? I love you 
Rose
Rose
Admin

https://inagaddadavida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Healing and Meters... Empty Re: Healing and Meters...

Post by Fangcaster Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:36 pm

I love you are going to try new thing Smile But, you do have to understand that you are having the same out put if not more.. and this is why... when you supply a bubble to anyone the only way it gets on the meters is when said bubble is used.. if time goes by and the bubble drops off it hasnt been accounted for.. so like when we are doing immerseus and you are healing me i watch bubbles fall off.. I can track this with my Blood Shield tracker, but recount doesn't track it. If it did it should be put in the Over heal portion of the meter. bubbles have always been a part of the game that is tricky.. hell remember we didnt even have the option to see absorbs till 4.1 cata... I personally think Disc priests are the best healers in the game atm.. but having a DK tank makes it hard to see what you are putting out.. My shield is always absorbed before yours is, and on top of that my health loss will be stacked when falling.. so it should go HoT tick , blood shiled, hot tick , then your bubble.. so having a Pally and druid healer is masking your bubbles.. I did alot of reserch on this when 5.3 hit, I wanted to know what this spike dmg was all about.. and changing my game play let me understand about the absorb things Smile OH and BTW... I am speced for 25 man DK tanking LOLOLOL... please don't let fucking Monty know he was right -.-
Fangcaster
Fangcaster
Board Whore
Board Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikoda Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:07 am

Fangcaster wrote:I love you are going to try new thing Smile
But, you do have to understand that you are having the same out put if not more, and this is why: When you supply a bubble to anyone the only way it gets on the meters is when said bubble is used. If time goes by and the bubble drops off it hasn't been accounted for, so like when we are doing immerseus and you are healing me i watch bubbles fall off.
I can track this with my Blood Shield tracker, but recount doesn't track it. If it did it should be put in the Over-heal portion of the meter. bubbles have always been a part of the game that is tricky. Hell remember we didn't even have the option to see absorbs till 4.1 cata.
I personally think Disc priests are the best healers in the game atm, but having a DK tank makes it hard to see what you are putting out.. My shield is always absorbed before yours is, and on top of that my health loss will be stacked when falling, so it should go HoT tick , blood shield, hot tick , then your bubble.. so having a Pally and  druid healer is masking your bubbles.
I did alot of research on this when 5.3 hit, I wanted to know what this spike dmg was all about.. and changing my game play let me understand about the absorb things Smile
OH and BTW... I am specced for 25 man DK tanking LOLOLOL... please don't let fucking Monty know he was right -.-
They now have a Fang-Speak option on Google translate!
Mikoda
Mikoda
Board Whore
Board Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucienda Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:25 pm

Fine no complaining for a few weeks (why must you ruin my fun Rose) XP. Seriously though I'm glad you are looking into ways to improve the healing composition. Knowing what takes priority for fang is nice too. Remember though that the more bubbles Rose does the more over healing I have from my HoT's. It’s one of the main problems with a druid healer/Disc Priest combo. The bubbles act like my HoT's. I heal the damage over time; you absorb it. So that is why on some fights my over healing is a lot more then Rose or Rado. Plus, sometimes the person doesn't take damage during that period (not saying people should take more damage though).
Lucienda
Lucienda

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:53 pm

I never realized until recently that this is actually the first time I have ever healed with a druid.
I healed with Stone (shaman) and I healed with Rado (pally)
A few times Ass stepped in with his druid but not often enough for me to notice anything significant.

Druids can't really help doing the over-healing. It's just going to happen.

Being a Disc priest and not bubbling is like being a BM Hunter without a pet. It's totally pointless.
So with our current group, I still think that going Holy or Smite is the best way. Smile
Rose
Rose
Admin

https://inagaddadavida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down