In A Gadda Da Vida Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» U FUCKS :)
Might be time to recruit? EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 1:15 pm by Mikoda

» WoD Plans!
Might be time to recruit? EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 3:36 pm by Mikoda

» Patching to 6.0 soon!
Might be time to recruit? EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 1:27 pm by tushar

» YOU FUCKIN FUCKS!!!!!! :)
Might be time to recruit? EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 11:26 pm by tushar

» I hate all of you
Might be time to recruit? EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 1:07 am by Radomize

» Sword Art Online (SPOILERS!!!)
Might be time to recruit? EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 10:25 pm by Radomize

» Fellas and Lady Fellas!
Might be time to recruit? EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 8:33 pm by Lucienda

» Anime List
Might be time to recruit? EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 10:40 pm by Lucienda

» Where the hell is everyone?
Might be time to recruit? EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 3:12 am by Dmonty

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

mmo champ
Google
Gamespot
WoW
Diablo 3
Might be time to recruit? Type
Might be time to recruit? Type

Might be time to recruit?

+3
Star
Fangcaster
Rose
7 posters

Go down

Might be time to recruit? Empty Might be time to recruit?

Post by Rose Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:53 pm

We've been having a hard time filling some heroic raid spots.

Many people don't want to do heroics in Firelands because there isn't a loot upgrade. But some of us want the achievements.

We don't seem to be having trouble finding people who want to do Heroic DS, considering there is loot to be had.

What do you guys think of recruiting a few people who actually enjoy heroic raiding for the sake of the achievement?

I still really want to get all the bosses in FL down, as well as DS, before MOP. Anyone else feel the same way?
Rose
Rose
Admin

https://inagaddadavida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Might be time to recruit? Empty INDEED!!!!!!

Post by Fangcaster Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:27 am

i agree with rose!! i know it seems im the anti-loot guy cuz my rolls are shit and even if i do rool good i will always put another guildie ahead of me when they need it ... people im in this for relm status!!!! i dont fucking care if i have the best loot or not!! guess what? everyone will have the same gear on US Hellscream at some point in time.. BUT!! how many guilds can say they fucking stuck with the heroic progression even on old shit to make ourselves known on the relm?? ya.. not many.. fuckers:) and ONE MORE THING!! when the new xpac comes out.. we will be fucking trained up like champion fighters!! we will go into new content and blow it the fuck up cuz WE have done all the old stuff the hard stuff! and maybe JUST maybe we can get that relm first achieve on something Smile HOW FUCKING AWESOME would that be??? VERY!!! thats how awesome it will be Smile but i dont want to be like Play or SaM!!! i want to be us.. i want to show everyone we can do this shit like its nothing and have FUN and laugh and smile!! not head hunt not troll other guilds not stand in SW with the cool gear and show off!! i want someone new to the server look it up and say " hey that IGDV guild is fucking leet!! and hey they are so fucking cool THATS the guild i want to be in" Smile and what pisses me off is i know we can do this .. and if we have to bring in new people to get this done then so be it Smile im in Smile ROSE!! you have my vote!! show me how i can help the GUILD..
Fangcaster
Fangcaster
Board Whore
Board Whore

Back to top Go down

Might be time to recruit? Empty Re: Might be time to recruit?

Post by Star Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:10 am

I love you, Fang. But that hurt my brain to read that.

Star

Back to top Go down

Post by tushar Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:53 am

i dunno, we've gotten pretty far without ever resorting to actively recruiting.

i think it's more important to convince our own people that this is something we should be working towards, because hell we've done everything else. there's not a lot of guilds that have been able to accomplish this and from what i understand the raid team is making progress. from seeing all of the core raiders play i know there's no issue with skill and no problems with gear (as you're all geared DS+), so heroic FL at least can be boiled down to mechanics being the only real hurdle. easier said than done i know, but still. tell me you guys didn't get a lot of enjoyment from downing heroic LK this weekend, even though the only gear rolls were for transmog.

the only way i see recruiting being an option if time becomes a serious issue and multiple players simply can't make raid times.

at least that's my 3 cents from the outside. that's right. providing 2 cents is for losers.
tushar
tushar

http://blog.tusharnene.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tushar Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:53 am

also fang - i'm going to medicate you. you're one of the few people i've seen that can actually TYPE in a hyperactive tone.
tushar
tushar

Back to top Go down

Might be time to recruit? Empty ha!!

Post by Fangcaster Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:56 pm

I think what Rose might be saying under it all is "WE HAVE TRIED". we have tried to talk things out with some of our raiders, explain to them the reason we are doing what we are doing. our biggest advance in the way we understand the Heroic Raid came from downing Heroic Bal. and that was just a few weeks ago. maybe if we get some new blood in the guild and/or raid it will give us that extra jump in what we need as far as skill and patients go Smile but thats IMO afro
Fangcaster
Fangcaster
Board Whore
Board Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikoda Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:57 pm

tushar wrote:also fang - i'm going to medicate you. you're one of the few people i've seen that can actually TYPE in a hyperactive tone.

^this^

And I am all for it. I have friends that want to do some achieve grinds, but aren't geared much, so I know if they are online they will tag in and come. One is a warlock BTW, though he hasnt raided since Wrath
Mikoda
Mikoda
Board Whore
Board Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:00 pm

Yea, Fang is right.

That's why I was thinking about recruiting. We've tried to engender interest in heroic raiding, many times.

Most people aren't interested unless there is a gear upgrade in it for them.
I really want to still get all the old heroic bosses down. BWD, BOT, FL. We always, always end up having to pug for those types of heroics as we have very little interest within the guild.

I like gear upgrades too, but even more I love seeing the guild achieve. I don't care that much about personal achievements.
Rose
Rose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tushar Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:09 pm

start times pending i'm down for the heroic 359 raids.
tushar
tushar

Back to top Go down

Post by Radomize Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:46 pm

Yeah, I agree with Fang and Rose. I mean, I try to make ALL of the raids no matter what but I get a little frustrated because we don't most our group then we have to pug important positions and we end up dying or not being able to keep up heals. I shouldn't see why there should be any reason that me or rose should have to be pulling 25k+ in Heroic FL. Which seems to happen quite a bit. That is what gets really discouraging for me. I want all of the personal achievements and the guild ones. But it gets frustrating not having the group to do it. Especially when we die to basic mechanics over and over and over and over and over.

I just think we need to find some raiders interested in doing the old content and are able of doing these mechanics.
Radomize
Radomize
Board Whore
Board Whore

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000776391472

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucienda Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:33 pm

So when they going to happen? Ill do my best to make it! bounce
Lucienda
Lucienda

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Tue May 08, 2012 1:23 pm

The plan (tentatively) for now is to schedule a heroic raid every Friday. This Friday I have BOT on the menu.
Rose
Rose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down