In A Gadda Da Vida Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» U FUCKS :)
Fangs thoughts on raiding(need feedback) EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 1:15 pm by Mikoda

» WoD Plans!
Fangs thoughts on raiding(need feedback) EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 3:36 pm by Mikoda

» Patching to 6.0 soon!
Fangs thoughts on raiding(need feedback) EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 1:27 pm by tushar

» YOU FUCKIN FUCKS!!!!!! :)
Fangs thoughts on raiding(need feedback) EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 11:26 pm by tushar

» I hate all of you
Fangs thoughts on raiding(need feedback) EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 1:07 am by Radomize

» Sword Art Online (SPOILERS!!!)
Fangs thoughts on raiding(need feedback) EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 10:25 pm by Radomize

» Fellas and Lady Fellas!
Fangs thoughts on raiding(need feedback) EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 8:33 pm by Lucienda

» Anime List
Fangs thoughts on raiding(need feedback) EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 10:40 pm by Lucienda

» Where the hell is everyone?
Fangs thoughts on raiding(need feedback) EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 3:12 am by Dmonty

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

mmo champ
Google
Gamespot
WoW
Diablo 3
Fangs thoughts on raiding(need feedback) Type
Fangs thoughts on raiding(need feedback) Type

Fangs thoughts on raiding(need feedback)

4 posters

Go down

Fangs thoughts on raiding(need feedback) Empty Fangs thoughts on raiding(need feedback)

Post by Fangcaster Mon May 14, 2012 4:21 pm

ok ima shoot you guys strait.. i really think that this xpac coming (MoP) might just very well be my last.. now i will clear up "LAST" i mean my last to really hit it hardcore.. i know alot of you hate that word:) but its been on my mind for a few years now. when i did ICC25 man heroic progression with AJ i really didnt like it much; / i did to an extent.. the people were brash and un-kind most the time. BUT!! after the smoke settled and things were all done and said.. it made me THE best Pallie tank on the server imo(reason why i retired my pally) and it carried over to my dps and how i looked at everything i did in this beautiful game we cant seem to get enuf of Smile after going over all my old raid footage( my password and everything still work for AJ) i noticed that while people were getting yelled at and kicked and what have you there was always a core group, it was the GM at the time the man who founded AJ and his officers..10 people in all.. it was like the other 15 players were there for rolls needed. kinda like back in Nax 40 were you had 15 good players and the rest were tributes to the gods:) what im trying to bring up here is this.."I really want to hit MoP very very hard" so hard that the other top guilds start rumors about where the FUCK did that guild come from. Now what i need from EVERYBODY!! is what their plans are for MoP? now this is not a threat Rose:) i might think about joining another guild to obtain what i want out of this coming xpac. And why that sounds so bad is beacuse i think we have all kinda become friends. And so when someone talks about things like this people take it personal. i will come clean right now" There is no other people who i want to raid with more than Rose Monty Monj and Tush(sorry if your name was left out Fang still loves ya) and i know Tush dont raid with us(fucker should tho). now it seems im at a crossroad. i want this to be an OPEN post also. you will NOT hurt my feelings or make me mad for what you say here. Ive been a fighter all my life and i know what passions bring out in people Smile but really guys/and gals:) what do you think? is this YOUR last xpac to hit hard? are you not even sure if your going into MoP? tel me all please:) and if it comes down to it I WILL BE TAKING ROSE,MONJ,AND MONTY WITH ME!!!on my lil last cu de gra:)- but in the end there is also nothing i would like more than to keep our guild intact and make the other guilds sweat about us.. so many others have my same opnion on this next xpac and soooo many others are doing the same thing as I.." wanting to make my time on this game mean something to me" i want to fucking get a server first that makes people think i fucking cheated!!!! i want the devs to build FANGCASTER a fucking throne in the middle of Stormwind!! i refuse to leave this game without making a huge SCAR on Azeroth!!! but i really need to know what you all think? and where you stand on this issue..Smile see you at the meeting all Smile afro
Fangcaster
Fangcaster
Board Whore
Board Whore

Back to top Go down

Fangs thoughts on raiding(need feedback) Empty shit dats a big post :)

Post by Fangcaster Mon May 14, 2012 4:21 pm

Fang wins biggest post ever:)
Fangcaster
Fangcaster
Board Whore
Board Whore

Back to top Go down

Fangs thoughts on raiding(need feedback) Empty Re: Fangs thoughts on raiding(need feedback)

Post by Radomize Mon May 14, 2012 8:18 pm

Well.. I just want to kill shit. I plan on continuing with my holy paladin into the next expansion. Those are my plans. xD My only thing is that I am not going to become someone who plays 70 hours a week. I have seen that destroy families, relationships, etc. I plan to keep raiding in this guild as far as my foreseeable future is showing me. I have no intentions of leaving or any of that shit. My only thing is that I would really hate to see this guild end up like Play, or Spite and Malice or guilds like them because like Fang was saying when you take say 5 people and then just have 5 that you could drop on a hat. It ruins the game for people. While it may be fun for those 5 people, you just make those other 5 people feel like they are not a wanted member of the group. I know there are people who feel like this in our guild (i.e. me). I would assume that Stone and Bey kinda feel the same way that I do. It almost seems like the bonds that we all have build don't always matter. Like when I had been healing with you guys for a while, really was not having much of a problem. Then you found Elvus and I was dropped like that (insert snapping sound here) and then when he was a douche and RQ'd you went through a series of healers before I was finally taken back in. While I am happy to be raiding again, it was super frustrating. I was looking for a new guild and just didn't find one that fit me before I taken back into the group. But on that note, when I was brought back in, Bey got dropped for a couple weeks. Then we needed him on Yor and he now switches on and off with Stone. I guess at this point you guys all get what I am trying to say. xD I just would hate for our guild to turn into a guild that doesn't care about it's members, or it's raiders just because it wants to kill heroic bosses. We got a great team who is very capable of doing this entire raid if we just set our minds to it. But not the kind of guild who wants to raid 4 or 5 nights a week. Most of us are adults with lives, and can't do that. And I would hate to see my friends at this point have to quit playing because of that.

But as far as you are concerned, you just gotta do what you want to do. If you are really going to hit MoP really hard, and we are not doing what you want I wouldn't mind. Or even if the entire guild goes with you and doesn't do what I want, I would step down. I will just refuse to let myself get so far into a game that I lose what I do in my actual life. That is one of the reasons that I quit running Counter Strike clans, you do nothing but pay games and that is not me. I got a life, a girlfriend, a band, and school and that will ALWAYS be my first priority.

Long story short, just gotta do what you gotta do.
Radomize
Radomize
Board Whore
Board Whore

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000776391472

Back to top Go down

Fangs thoughts on raiding(need feedback) Empty Re: Fangs thoughts on raiding(need feedback)

Post by tushar Mon May 14, 2012 9:35 pm

1. damn it fang emoticons are not punctuation! i just read that entire thing as one massive sentence! i'm writing the AMA to have textual ADHD named "fang."

2. "coup de grĂ¢ce" ya damn monkey.

3. i love raiding with this group. i got to be in on some guild first kills, and i can threaten to slap everyone in the mouth with immunity. i was very glad when rose brought me on, and feel like i've been a real part of the show for a long time since then. i've been invited to other raiding guilds while doing pugs and whatnot that run on east coast time, and i've turned them all down without so much as half a thought because while raid progression may be important what's more important to me is sticking with this guild that's become a group of friends. we're the type at folks that would actually care if one of us left.i would rather be a bench raider with this group as opposed to raiding regularly in east coast time slots i can swing with strangers. i may have some east coasters to bring in, and i will run an east coast raid schedule if need be.

4. as far as the raids i have been in, we have done EXTREMELY well in my opinion on progression while still keeping the friendly environment. we have the patience and we have the skill and yes there is a bit of tension sometimes but that frustration is just part of the gig on progression runs. we're what, 3/8 heroic right now? i'm not sure that's very common with guilds that do things the way we do. world firsts and being the supreme envy of other guilds has never personally been a hard goal of mine. i don't have raid footage for review. and as much as we joke about "casually hardcore," if this is a real goal of yours, i really hope you guys are having a talk in the raid meeting tonight. you know i'm down to help out with whatever but the current schedule i can't commit the time. BUT - i will fill in whenever i can. and we still have cata heroics to complete.

5. my role in MoP: i will do what i have always done. officer it up like a silverback gorilla. max LW as quickly as i can to craft for our hunters, druids, shamans and (eww) rogues. be the guild's alpha hunter guide. level and help lowbies level faster. fill in for raid when i can. be a damn brown badass hero in general. show the man i mean business. ESTABLISH ORB DOMINANCE.

now that this topic has been raised, i would really like to hear the opinions of not only the heroic raid team but the other officers as well. if this didn't come up in the raid meeting tonight, it should probably be discussed and i want in on that discussion.
tushar
tushar

http://blog.tusharnene.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Radomize Mon May 14, 2012 10:12 pm

Only problem with that Tush is there is really only 5 super active people on here. And 2 of them are not officers. xD Cause I would like to hear from the officers too.
Radomize
Radomize
Board Whore
Board Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Tue May 15, 2012 11:32 am

Well, first...I am sooooo sorry about the meeting last night.

Monj and I thought we had D3 pre-installed and didn't realize until 10 pm that it wasn't. With 3 copies installing, netflix running and a teen girl on facebook...our router shit its pants.

It's fixed now and D3 is installed.

My thoughts on your post Fang:

I feel the same way you do for the most part. I really, really want to raid and progress much faster in MoP than we have previously.

But at the same time, I'm sorta between a rock and a hard place (haha I said hard)
I won't leave my guild in order to progress faster. In a way, I guess I feel "hardcore" about that.
Many of my guildies have become real friends. I also absolutely love the challenge of taking relatively casual players (such as most in our guild are) and turning them into kickass raiders.
Cata is the first expansion that we really started raiding more seriously. This guild has been built on pugs.
Almost everyone in the guild is someone I met while pugging to raid.

Monj and I were in a hardcore raiding guild at one time (Athenas Avatars) so I know what it's like to be there. We left and were guildless for 2 years and then joined Looney Toons (social guild)
We realized we wanted something in between and a bunch of us left LT to make Resistance. We pugged to raid and invited the people we liked and enjoyed raiding with us.

As badly as I want to raid more seriously, my loyalty to the guild is stronger.

My plan for MoP is to start raiding ASAP.
I wanted to talk about this during the meeting. I will set up a new meeting for tonight after the raid or for Wednesday so we can see where everyone else is as well.

At the end of the day Fang...you should be where you feel you need/want to be.
Sometimes it's faster/easier to join a progression guild that's already made its name...than to build a name of your own. Especially if, as you say, this is your last go at it.
For me, I doubt MoP will be my last. I will probably play WoW until its dead.

I know that with D3 here now, people won't be on as much for a few weeks, but they better still show up for raid nights Fangs thoughts on raiding(need feedback) 2970826302
Rose
Rose
Admin

https://inagaddadavida.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Radomize Tue May 15, 2012 2:24 pm

Yeah, I hear you Rose. I pretty much feel the same way that you do other than the few minor differences that I mentioned in my post. I have no intentions of stopping playing wow anytime soon. And I know that I am not on much except for raid nights, but that is just because of school and RL. Especially after I get my new drum kit that I ordered today; I am going to be playing all the time. xD

But I gotta say Fang, I think she just called you out. Wink
Radomize
Radomize
Board Whore
Board Whore

Back to top Go down

Fangs thoughts on raiding(need feedback) Empty Damn your voice of reason Rose....:)

Post by Fangcaster Tue May 15, 2012 5:00 pm

i was saying this next xpac would prolly be my last chance to go at it.. with my irl getting really crazy and me going to 23 diff states this summer i have it planed to when i can raid its going to be for a long time in one go Wink and these are just my thoghts on the future of my gaming.. and i know its really soon to bring up these questions and i really thank you who posted:) thats what i was going for in secret is feed back:) ( i win) lol,, and Rose you know i would never ask you to leave the guild you faught for.. and shit hun its YOUR GUILD lol:) that was just the rants of a very stoned man getting a lap dance while i posted(world first lap dance post) Smile- but instead of me talking in circles and getting too far out of hand like i do in these posts im going to bring up alot of things in the meeting on our plans for MoP. but i refer back to my OG post.. there is NO ONE i would rather raid with than you Monj and Manty. ive been playing thisgame for along time and ive never said anything like that. so that being said again Smile its going to be my goal to make you three want to progress as much as me (evil laugh)

p.s. you know now ive thought about it.. we as a raid team.. we really have something special(no homo) our time we spend on downing bosses would make even Blood Leigon jelly. its like we all are in this time warp we all share... we really only spend 1-2 hours on these new bosses only the raid leaders have even watched or read on. thats fucking un-heard of. and the way we go about changing our strat is insane for anyone who would happen to listen in. but it works soo fn well.. the only thing i would change is to have you (Rose) be more vocal. but i know you do to Monj Smile i just want to hear you more lol..

P.S.p.s.... im going to need help from our tech nerdy guildies on a laptop i can take with me on these stupid ass trips im going on this summer. i have a feeling its going to be in the middle of our MoP progression; / but thats how IN i am Wink
Fangcaster
Fangcaster
Board Whore
Board Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Tue May 15, 2012 5:04 pm

I had to come back and read your post Rado. I had limited time this morning to read this thread.

I want to make sure you feel heard and address your points.

One of the problems with heroic raiding is that even a "good healer" or a "good tank" isn't quite top drawer.
With regular raiding a good healer turns into a great healer. Heroic raiding, that same healer might be coming up just slightly short. This could be due to gear issues, lack of raid awareness or class ignorance, lack of time, or any combination of those issues.

At various different times, a different class may be needed for a specific fight, in heroics. This isn't to say it can't be done with most class combinations, but during progression...it is much more difficult.
I'm going to be totally honest here.
When we lost Myk, we didn't just lose a "great healer" Myk and I had been healing together for awhile. We knew each others strengths and weaknesses and sort of "had each others back"
He didn't just have great healing numbers, his raid awareness was great. When we lost Myk, we didn't want to interrupt our progression, that we'd been working on so hard, to train another healer to understand the heroic raid mechanics. That's why we took in Elvus. He already knew the fights and the mechanics.

This isn't an issue anymore since you've been progressing on the bosses with us. But at that time, it was an issue.
For example, if we lost you as a healer...it isn't likely we would pick up a healer within the guild who doesn't know the heroic fights. We would probably have to recruit a new healer who DOES know the fights.
While that may sound harsh, it's one of the things we talked about when we introduced heroic raiding into our raiding group.
We made sure everyone understand that heroic raiding isn't the same as regular. Things aren't as laid back, mechanics are way more important, dps can't let it slide and let the better dps carry them anymore.
Everyone must pull their own weight and know the mechanics.

On one hand, it seems mean to drop one person and put another in his place for a specific fight.
On the other hand, it is lame for the other 9 people to keep wiping, repeatedly, due to one person not pulling his or her weight. That is wasting 9 peoples time.

There is no real way around it. Heroics are just more demanding. While we may be able to carry one, or even two people in a regular raid...we can't have a single weak link in heroic.

Keep in mind as well that this heroic raiding thing is relatively new to our guild. We are still working out the kinks. We want to keep the guild/raiding group together, but we also want to progress in heroics.
This isn't something we just thoughtlessly went into. We voted, re-voted, discussed and re-discussed whether or not we wanted to do heroics. Everyone understood what they needed to do in order to do the heroics, but only half of the raiders actually really did what they needed to do.

Because we are a friendly, family oriented guild, we have never kicked anyone out of the raid group. We continue to try to encourage people to do their homework, in order to do the heroics.
But at the end of the day, it really isn't the people who agreed to do heroics and did what they needed to do who are being unfair to the others.
It is the people who agreed to do heroics and are not pulling their weight that are being unfair to the others.

I hope that whole thing made sense lol
Rose
Rose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Tue May 15, 2012 5:20 pm

Fang, I totally agree with you there.

When you consider the fact that most of us are new at heroic raiding AND we don't class stack like most heroic raiding guilds do, we have done some amazing things.

I am totally with you on wanting MoP to be THE raiding experience out of them all. Now that we understand better what heroics take, if we can get everyone on board (or recruit if we lose anyone who isn't up to it) I really think we have a good shot for our guild to shine.
Rose
Rose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Radomize Tue May 15, 2012 6:29 pm

That actually makes a lot of sense Rose. I guess i had not completely looked at it form that perspective. Although, I missed out on a lot of the beginnings of the whole heroic raiding discussion at the beginning off all of this. But I do agree with you. \\

I think that Rose wins the longest post Fang. Wink
Radomize
Radomize
Board Whore
Board Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down