In A Gadda Da Vida Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» U FUCKS :)
To pro for my own good EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 1:15 pm by Mikoda

» WoD Plans!
To pro for my own good EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 3:36 pm by Mikoda

» Patching to 6.0 soon!
To pro for my own good EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 1:27 pm by tushar

» YOU FUCKIN FUCKS!!!!!! :)
To pro for my own good EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 11:26 pm by tushar

» I hate all of you
To pro for my own good EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 1:07 am by Radomize

» Sword Art Online (SPOILERS!!!)
To pro for my own good EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 10:25 pm by Radomize

» Fellas and Lady Fellas!
To pro for my own good EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 8:33 pm by Lucienda

» Anime List
To pro for my own good EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 10:40 pm by Lucienda

» Where the hell is everyone?
To pro for my own good EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 3:12 am by Dmonty

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

mmo champ
Google
Gamespot
WoW
Diablo 3
To pro for my own good Type
To pro for my own good Type

To pro for my own good

4 posters

Go down

To pro for my own good Empty To pro for my own good

Post by Dmonty Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:07 am

In the last few weeks of raiding, we have seen little progression, 1 boss. Although as a guild im very proud of us for the kill, as a player im very disappointed at myself that this is all I've accomplished. The entire raid was downed in less then 24 hours. So why is it that we have 1/12 kills after 3 weeks of content?

Because we are a casual guild, and we are here to have a good time with friends.

It seems i have staggered away from this rule being more of a hardcore raid leader, and in doing so im pushing people beyond their play limits and ruining the fun of just raiding casually with friends, and causing our members to not have a good time and a overall bad play experience.

So for this, i truly am sorry.

For Future raids i will try to cut people more slack, and Privately adress issues that need to be dealt with and see what we can do to improve your role.
Dmonty
Dmonty

Back to top Go down

To pro for my own good Empty Re: To pro for my own good

Post by Radomize Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:36 am

It's all good. I am getting frustrated myself.
Radomize
Radomize
Board Whore
Board Whore

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000776391472

Back to top Go down

Post by Monjoben Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:41 pm

I view raid progression not as much a personal achievement but as a group effort. Many of the individuals in our raid group could move into a more hardcore raiding guild and be successful...but I wouldn't see that as a personal success. Personal success stems from your performance within the raid group and in that respect I think you have plenty to feel good about Monty.

One important thing to remember here is that we are spending less than 1/4 the time raiding as some of the "progression guilds". Those who downed the raid in 24 hours were already in full heroic 502 gear before the LFRs were an option, which was by design, the ilvl tier this new raid was intended. The fact that we downed even the first boss can be considered an accomplishment for our average ilvl.

Our raid hours seem reasonable for a guild who's members have families, responsibilities and outside interests. I think the realization that we are not going to be charging through the content is a good start but there must be balance with all interests in the raiding group. Because we are a mixed group, every raider in our bunch has to approach the experience with not only their interests in mind but be willing to compromise with the goals of all in the group. I guarantee everyone wants to progress but not at the cost of the community experience. Let's keep the raid positive, friendly and social which is the reason most of our raiders chose to run with us in the first place. On the flip side however, "casual" doesn't mean we don't expect effort on each raiders part to do what they can to help our raid progress.

Because our raid time has been limited, its more important now to make sure you are prepared for raiding. Run your dailies, do the LFRs and contribute in any way possible so that you as an individual player are not hindering the interests of the rest of the group.

Lets make it policy to show up at least 15 minutes before raid time so that we are all ready to go at 10pm server. I think that will go a long way in maximizing our progression time.

Monjoben

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangcaster Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:12 pm

Who is this new guy posting ? I know i have seen his name before in-game... :p well said Monjee. looking forward to raid Thursday sorry i missed tuesday got sick, hope all went well and all your lewt was epic Smile I really hope we can find a happy medium with our group and make everyone feel that their time isn't being hindered by any person and/or persons during our raid time. Now as far as " Compromise with the goals of all in the group" I really think our goals should be almost parallel with each other during raid. and trying your best to provide matts and all other things to advance (Buff) the team should be a part of your gaming time if we all have the same goals Smile
Fangcaster
Fangcaster
Board Whore
Board Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down